Friday, August 14, 2015

A salvaged disaster


Ok, you've seen one of these before, I made two as I they were so fun and easy to create. We have an Anything Goes over at Simply Create Too, great, huh?! So join us for some fun!

Challenges:
House of Cards: Metallic

Materials used:
I applied Aqua Markers at one side of a fabulous Itsy Bitsy embossing folder, spritzed a bit water, layered up the paper and ran in it through the Cuttlebug. It was a disaster, colour everywhere. I turned the paper around, the backside was much better. I added some silver Perfect Pearls for some interest.

Impression Obsession sentiment stamped with Aqua Marker and Brushed Corduroy Distress ink (to get the right colour), heat embosssed with clear embossing paper. Itsy Bitsy flower. DQWV and Panduro cardstock.

Thank you so much for visiting, it's much appreciated!

Love and hugs
Maarit

14 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Maarit… love the gorgeous embossing and what a stunning flower! I always try to salvage my disasters… as sometimes they can turn into something awesome…. just like this creation! :-)
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't look less than gorgeous on this end...Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well maritime it turned out beautifully still. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great turn-around! It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one great card for an almost fail!! Turning it around seemed like the right idea.. However I would love to see the other side.. It sounds like what you did was very interesting and wonder what the effect would look like. Your current design is so amazingly wonderful.. Lots of texture and perfect pearls is just the perfect touch for your card and flower embellishment!! Salvaged it is and what a beauty!! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards and I am so looking forward to more of your designs as I am one of your new followers.
    Shawna -DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this does NOT look like a disaster to me! It's absolutely gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE all the purple! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning! I just love the soft lavender color and the flower looks perfect sitting over top of your beautiful textured background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful card! I would never have guessed that it was a "salvage". Love everything about this. So glad you joined us for this months HOC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Maarit, this is gorgeous, I love the colours and the embossing, beautiful detail, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We would have never known! Turned out beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maarit this is wonderful love all the purple...I send you hugs from.Croatia...we are here for kids vacation...if no comment from me..it means no internet possibility...and wanna say I always remember you Maarit...love this beautiful card..hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very beautiful card, Maarit! Love how you created the paper panel, and how it turned out - art never looks like a disaster! The gorgeous flower is the perfect finish!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment and for joining us at House of Cards!
    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs, Rosi (SCT-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in our "Metallics" challenge at House Of Cards :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit