Sunday, April 26, 2015

Show your face


Okay, today I'm showing something quite opposite from yesterdays thoughts of rainbows and chocolate. Life challenges us from time to time and even chocolate has it's limits. You know when you need to find your inner strength and believes to cope.

And if you wonder, no, everything is good in my life and I'm looking forward to celebrate the arrival of spring at Thursday evening. In Sweden we do it with bonfires and choral music. It's quite magic.


Challenges:
Art It Friday: Show Your Face
 Mixed Media World: Bright Colours
Pixie's Snippets Playground: Use Snippets (the flame and her dress)

Materials used:
Paper snippets from the scrap heap, Derwent charcoal, watercolour and pastel pens, Liquitex acrylic pens, Winsor & Newton watercolours, Sakura pens, golden Liquid Pearls, Distress crackle paint, Tilda acrylic paint, DQWV cardstock.

Here's my first portrait :) I do like her!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, we're blessed with a glorious sunshine today and the roast is in the oven awaiting the menfolk in my family. Take good care sweeties.

Love and warm hugs
Maarit

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Maarit! Those flames are so realistic! I hope your celebrations go well and are tinged with magic!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! this is awesome Maarit.. gosh I really like the depth to this scene and the wonderful vibrant colours.. it tells a story… I love it!!
    just about to get my roasties out now! ;-)
    Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Maarit, how beautiful is your first portrait, she is amazing, love all the textures in the background and how your Girl pops off the canvas. Your Bright colours are amazing, love that glowing fire very much.

    Am enjoying Kim's Art It Friday challenges very much, thank you for the Follow it is much appreciated :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Maarit, wonderful vibrant colours, supe image, love it.
    We've had snow today, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning, Maarit! Beautiful colours. I hope you enjoy your celebrations. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful creations. Love the sentiment on the first and your portrait is fabulous. I so enjoy visiting your blog which always manages to give me a little glimpse of life in Sweden. I really like your way of celebrating the arrival of Spring. Here we just put our wellies on and umbrellas up and hope for the best! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful spring celebration! Fabulous card, such beautiful colours!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a glorius fire - great words and portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - I LOVE your art Maarit.

    Happy Spring celebrations.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How evocative, I can feel the heat coming off of that bonfire. Love it and love your first portrait too! Thank you so much for linking up Maarit, I'm so glad you have shared your art! Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous work Love your first portrait .............the fire is fantastic.............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your work is amazing Maarit! I love your first portrait and the fire is so awesome! You are extremely talented. How fun that you celebrate spring with bonfires and choral music!! I hope your roast was a great one with your family. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliantly designed card and love all of these added goodies......{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome artworks, Maarit! Keep them coming! Thank you for joint us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit