Sunday, January 18, 2015

Opposites Attract

Being a Science teacher, I found this card amusing to create....I'm a nerd/geek too! So Violet pinkish against Blueish Green, curved lines and straight, bold and thin text, circles and squares, glossy and mat, metallic and non-metallic, imperfect and immaculate...

Challenges:
One Layer Simplicity: Attractive Opposites
CASology: NBUS (never before used Schtuff, the Papermania stamp)
Craft Stamper's Take It Make It: Take a stamp, anything goes

Materials used:
Papermania background stamp, Peacock Feathers and Pickled Raspberry Distress inks dabbed onto crafting mat, spritzed with water and a hint of Silver Perfect Pearls,
Prima sentiment, black Archival ink and extra fine clear embossing ink,
Penny Black dot line,  embossing ink, fine golden embossing powder, 
Bazzill hammered card stock

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. I'm feeling proud today; the kind people at the Craft Stamper sent me the issue where my card is published. They even sent the card back to me! To be there amongst all the super talented craft people is amazing. I'm always thinking that I wish I could make such lovely projects they do. Thank you so much for this Craft Stamper!

Love and warm hugs
Maarit








15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Maarit, the colours work really well together and I love the different shapes you have incorporated...everything works so well together! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, I'm so excited to have won the challenge at SS...can't wait to get my images :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being published that is an honor and you are worthy.
    I love the combinations you used on the above card Lovely.....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to be published in Craft Stamper, congrats your cards are beautiful.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being published, what a nice feeling that is! This card is also lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Maarit! Congratulations too on having your card published in Craft Stamper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maarit, congratualions on getting your wonderful card published. Now I love your card with the mix of colours, shapes and the different text. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maarit, great combinations on this CAS card, and congratulations on being published! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just brilliant Maarit.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is gorgeous, Maarit! I love the texture of the paper and your beautiful colours! So glad you joined us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congratulations Maarit well deserved too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Maarit, this card is why I tried to CASE you a few months ago. It was absolutely my favorite card of 2014!! I'm so happy you were published! I love this "life is sweet" card, too! Thank you for playing in the CASology challenge! Don't forget that because you used NBUS, you can link again with my NBUS Challenge #3! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Maarit, congratulations on being published, you must be thrilled, and that card was stunning.
    Today's card is equally stunning, the shapes and colours are wonderful, talented lady, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, these colors look amazing together !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go, Teach! And congrats on your pub.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another wonderful card! Congrats on being published!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit