Saturday, December 20, 2014

Winter Blues

We have a new lovely challenge at Sweet Stampin'; Black and White with a splash of colour. We're being sponsored by Marianne Designs and Di's Digis with a fantastic prize for the winner, check our blog for all details and the teams fabulous projects.

I went for my fav colour, blue, obviously! I've seen a lot of this kind of cards lately so I thought that I've have a go too.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamps: Photo Inspiration

Materials used:
Inkylicious trees stamped with black Versa Fine ink on to water colour card.
Torn copy paper to make masks for the slopes.
The blue Distress inks were added with the stippling technique.
Splattered Gesso for wild snow fall look, tiny beads for texture, extra dots made with a white Sakura pen.
Stickles for icy feel.

Thank you so much for visiting, it's much appreciated. Have a wonderful weekend sweeties! I'll have a relaxing weekend, it has been two busy weeks at work and now at last I can put my feet up for a moment and have a choccie or two before the Christmas preps. Stay safe and warm!


Love and hugs
Maarit

19 comments:

  1. Hello Maarit

    Your little Winter scene is beautiful, you have captured it perfectly, and I just love the glitter of the snow slopes.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That even looks cold but a lovely card............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maarit, your card is just beautiful! The winter scene you created looks so real, I swear I can hear the wind howling and feel the bite of it as well. The snow looks deep and frosty, all of which you have captured perfectly! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Maarit! A fabulous wintery scene, the sky looks so dramatic and stormy! I wouldn't want to be out in that weather!!!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful atmospheric scene and I love how you created the feeling of wild snowfall with the splattered gesso. Have a good rest and a fabulous Christmas holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scene you created is beautiful. You have truly captured winter here. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Such a lovely scene you created!!

    Happy Holidays!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Maarit - love the scene you have created and super sparkle.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful scene, Maarit. I love the sparkle on the snowdrifts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card. I love the gesso snow and the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely is your card Maarit it's so realistic looking x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is SO beautiful Maarit… I love the depth to the card… it's such a peaceful scene too… I really like the sparkles! :-))
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! All the best for the New Year!
    Love and hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, beautiful card Maarit. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is beautiful Maarit.

    Have a lovely Christmas.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful Maarit! Hope you are enjoying the Festive Season xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card there. I love the canvas below too. Very nice.
    Hugs and Happy New Year!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did such a magnificent job with this style of card, Maarit! It's so pretty for Christmas. I love your shadow effects! I hope your Christmas was wonderful and I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful card Maarit, I love the pretty winter scenery. Wishing you and you family a Happy New Year and all of the best for the new year. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful scene you have created here, with just the right amount of sparkle to look like the moon is shining on the snow! Gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit