Sunday, October 26, 2014

Soft as falling snow


Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! I've been making a few Christmas cards even if mojo went south.

Challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: N for No Coloured images
Rudolph Day: Christmas Cards

Materials used:
Inkylicious image and Prima Marketing text image stamped with Broken China Distress ink.
Itsy Bitsy velvet ribbon.
Distress Stickles and Liquid pearls for interest.
The sentiment says Happy Christmas in Swedish, I believe it's a retired stamp. It was stamped with Stormy sky Distress ink, the ink was also used to make the mat.
Bazzill pearly creme paper.

I stippled the inks to create a dark winter sky feeling.


My second card for Rudolph Day: Christmas Cards. Thank you SARN for reminding me, I read the part of two cards and then I forgot all about it, so sorry!

I would also like to enter Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Embellish It and Pixie's Snippets Playground.




Thank you so much for visiting, I'll try to lure back mojo, I'm a craft addict and it feels strange to not have inky fingers.

Love and hugs
Maarit






18 comments:

  1. The softly colored trees look beautiful in blue, and I really love how you wrapped that border around the card! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous festive card Maarit.

    Unfortunately . . . the rules for Rudolph Day require 2 cards! You mention that you've made a few cards, so it would be great if you could add a picture of one of the others to comply with the rules. Sorry to be a nuisance, but I try to keep it fair for everyone.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maarit...you have made such a pretty winter scene. Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, beautiful winter scene Maarit, lovely card altogether, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours here and loving the awesome design as always....
    aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft and quiet so pretty.......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Maarit

    A beautiful and magical Christmas card. I love your simple design and beautiful image.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this is gorgeous Maarit… such a peaceful and beautiful snowscene! I love the icy blue theme and the pretty border! :-)
    Hope you have a good week hun!
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smukke og elegante julekort, Maarit.
    Tak for du deltager i vores U udfordring hos ABC Christmas Challenge.
    klem Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards.Maarit. But I have to say I really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards Maarit are so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are super lovely. Doesn't look to me like your MoJo has gone. I think maybe mine might be with yours, as I'm finding it hard to get things done. You succeeded very well in making 2 very pretty cards. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maarit

    I don't think your mojo has gone anywhere .. .. these Christmas cards are gorgeous!

    I particularly love the soft tones and delicate look of the first one!

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my blog. That was really kind of you.

    I hope all is good at your end.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maarit - two absolutely gorgeous cards! I'm so glad you brought them and came to play in the Playground. I love them both equally :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for adding a second card Maarit. Very nice Christmas card too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty and soft card :) love that intricate die cut panel !

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card - thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card all Year 'round! Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit