Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Creative Blog Hop

I'm a bit late with this post, I scheduled it, but must have forgotten something....better late than never though.

My tagger is the talented Liz at the Crafty Sunflower, go and check her lovely projects, I think we met at Pixie's Snippets Playground at first.

My Interview:
I'm a science teacher by heart and soul, and also in charge for the educational development at our small school. I've worked with small children up to the adults I meet nowadays. I believe that I learnt most from the 6 year olds, they didn't hesitate to tell their minds. I love my work as I can't never tell in advance what will happen during the day, when you work with people there's always something you learn or need to do. 


Welcome to my craftroom:
My craftroom is in our walk in closet, not so girly of me, but there's room for a table with a sewing machine, paper cutter and the beloved Cuttlebug. Some shelves for boxes with embossing powders, dies and embellies. An Ikea drawer storage for all the stamps. I keep the papers on a shelf in a wardrobe where we also keep our clothes, I could do with some more place for the clothes though. Crafty stuff goes first!!!

What Am I working on now?
A card for the Less is more challenge, chocolate and mint, I got an idea, we'll see tomorrow if I succeeded.

How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I can't really tell, I like a clean look, colours and nature and I like to surprise by trying something new.

Why do I create what I do?
My work can make me feel that I've done enough for the day, but that's why I craft, it's me and all the lovely crafty stuff, it gives a lot of pleasure and peace of mind. I'm a better person if I get some crafting and exercise done and get my daily square or more of chocolate.

How does my creative process work?
Often I get inspiration from fellow bloggers and try to mimic something, often ending up with something completely different. So I'm like a crow, stealing lovely new shiny ideas and making arranging them in my way. Sometimes I success to case a card.

Would you like to be tagged and write a post Monday the 15 September? Tell me and I'll add your name to this post.

Warm hugs and love
Maarit

15 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit, good to know more about you, and where you get your inspirations from, it's also lovely to hear that there is at least one person who loves and inspired in life by their job, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! It's nice to find out more about you, Maarit! A crafty science teacher! Who knew?! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what an interesting job Maarit - such fun as well to have two-way flows!

    I love your craft space - small is beautiful!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maarit: Please e-mail me: DianeMoneyGoolsby@yahoo.com as soon as possible--

    thanks,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maarit lovely to read about your work etc, and what a great little craft space - well organised too. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your craft space . You are waaay too tidy , or did you clean for the photos. LOL It is nice to get to know you ........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! So lovely to learn more about you Marrit :D Your craft area is wonderful and very tidy. Thankyou for telling us about your creative process! Hug Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maarit, lovely to learn a bit more about you, and I can imagine you sitting in your closet!
    Love your under the palm tree card, very serene, must look for that stamp
    Hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to read about your life, job and home. I used to craft in my guest room closet!
    I loved that I could close the closet door and the mess was hidden...teehee

    Your job sounds awesome. So nice to read the positives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a lovely interview you did with yourself, Maarit! I'm delighted to see that you took part in TCBH!! I am really impressed that you are able to make your wonderful cards from inside the closet! You've made your space adorable, but I feel like a queen with my Playhouse!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed reading this! I am in awe of your closet - what a wonderful idea for a craftroom! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved learning more about you Maarit! Isn't it funny how we can find space for our crafty items?!! I know I can always find space for my stuff. lol Love that you are a science teacher by day. I always loved science as a kid and still do now. Loved seeing your crafty space too, you have it set up so perfect and it looks pretty nice in there! Who would have ever know it was a closet?! Not me! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was so nice reading your post and getting to know you a little more x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was lovely reading your Creative Blog Hop post and finding out more about you. Thanks again for being one of my tagees.

    Sorry I'm late visiting your blog - I didn't realise that where we went on holiday blocks access to all blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! Sounds like you have a wonderful job! And a really cute craftroom area...thanks so much for sharing your pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit