Sunday, August 24, 2014

Violets Photo Studio

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, sweeties! I'm a proud owner of a small portable photo studio. A half life time ago I used to work at photo studios developing films, you know before everything turned digital?! Yes, I'm that old, almost stone age. At school I used to play with two dear friends in a dark room, we took experimental photos of the suburb we lived in...and had a blast even though nobody else recognised our talent, hehe. 

So now when I at last ordered this studio my camera has decided to die, I guess this two pics are the last ones I can manage to squeeze out of it. Isn't this somehow a picture of how life is, something great ends and something new exciting begins.

Challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: Quick and Easy
Less Is More: Lovely Sketch
Materials used:
Penny Black Pine image stamped with Pine Needles Distress ink, heat embossed with a mix of pearl and sparkle powders. More Distress inks added with pen nibs, high lights added with a white Sakura pen.

The background stamp is a retired one stamped with Stormy Sky Distress ink, some of the ink was removed with a cloth before stamping.

The edges were coloured with a sponge and Stormy Sky Distress ink, and some liquid pearls added with a Viva Paper Pen. The sentiment is from Vilda Stamps and says Happy Christmas in Swedish.

The stamping was made on leftover card stock, the sentiment on a tiny paper strip and then the image was layered onto odd snippets I'll never use.

Thank you so much for visiting, it's much appreciated. I hope that you find something new and exciting, like a new card design or new colour scheme.
Warm hugs and love
Maarit



33 comments:

  1. Ooh your card is beautiful Maarit… such a lovely image and I love the added sparkles… so pretty!! :-)
    I'm ancient too!! I used to develop old films with my brother as a kid… there is something about watching those photos developing… very exciting!! the digital camera is great but you can't control the light as easily which drives me crazy.
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Maarit beautiful colours and it really stands out against the dark background

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maarit

    A stunning card, the pine branch is beautiful, and I love it against the
    text background.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maarit, this is lovely. I fondly remember developing black and white negatives and printing my own, color too! It was back in the days of high school photography class! What fun we had! I didn't realize that I wasn't "following" your blog - I am now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Maarit
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Maarit! Great interpretation of the sketch! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Lim card.Thanks so much for your visit xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Maarit, beautiful image and colour choice and a
    Perfect take on the sketch.
    Sorry to hear about your camera but hope it doesn't stop you creating.
    Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog.
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! The text looks great as a background for the lovely pine branch. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. "WOW" Maarit this is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Maarit. Sorry your camera has given up, you will take a little while to get use to a new one? Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, and so sorry about your camera woes! That's life :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, Maarit, the colours are so soft and pretty! I'm sorry that your camera has died, I hope you get a good replacement soon!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, lovely colours and design...♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Maarit...this is so pretty.I can see the sparkle on the branch...it is beautiful.
    Congratulation on your photgraphy studio. My uncle had one and it carried him through his retirement...he was never bored. He had exhibitions of his work several times. I bought some of his framed photos and have them in my house!
    HGave fun playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And the card is a beautiful tribute to your studio...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks gorgeous Maarit, what a super image!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Maarit, I love the image and the wonderful sparkle, lovely design too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card and image Maarit. I used to help my dad develope b/w photos as a kid. Used to love the magic of seeing a picture appear before your eyes.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super sparkly pine cones look almost real, lovely card. Sorry to hear about your camera :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous image & beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really lovely card Maarit - the pine against the script looks so good. Hope your camera woes are sorted out now!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely Christmas card Maarit!
    Super take on the sketch
    Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous pine sprig and looks lovely against the writing. Hope you get your camera troubles sorted. New technology isn't always for the best.
    I loved my old Brownie 127. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just found your blog, so enjoyed looking around, you make some really lovely cards. I have become a follower so I shall be calling in to see your lovely creations regularly, hope you'll come and visit me too.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  26. Maarit, Love this color combo too (and still liking this blue background very much with this particular image). Enjoyed reading about using the nibs to paint it which you did beautifully. Lucky you to be setting up a studio. I know you'll have fun with this adventure, and hope you'll tell us all about things as they happen. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely card, the colours work perfectly, and it's so sparkly!
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super card - love the image! thanks for sharing with CHNC Extra for August!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for sharing your super creation for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful card - love that stamp!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit