Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sunburst

I'm making a happy dance tonight, one of my cards has been showcased at Pixie's Snippets Playground. I would like to join this weeks challenge too. There's lots of super inspiration.

This is a first attempt with a sunburst design, the sentiment says "thank you" in Swedish.

Materials used:
Papermania designer paper snippets, I cut them to 1,5" and 3,5" squares, traced the diagonal cut at the backside and cut with a craft knife and metal ruler. The diagonals were glued to a larger snippet and then cut to preferred size. I added Liquid pearls and Stickles. stacked Papermania flowers and added Itsy Bitsy stamens. Nameless butterfly punch and Hero Arts alphabet. QuickCutz corner dies to use for those minimal snippets the flies around on the carft table.

So are you coping the tropical warmth? I'm wilting at work when afternoon comes, but my kind boss allowed me to work from home the last hours. The perk of being a teacher, you can always take your work home as long as you don't have lessons. So, a lemonade anyone? Parsnip have some too :)

Warm hugs
Maarit

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty design, Maarit! Gorgeous soft colours too!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your card shown, Love this one, great design. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and lovely colours used.xx
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lovely sunburst Maarit! Such a great technique for using up snippets too. I'm glad you enjoyed being showcased, Parsnip also has a say in the choosing you know :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Gorgeous and what a way to use your snippets than to produce such an adorable card you have here Maarit truly lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Maarit, I too am melting in this heat, too warm to work in. don't like to complain as we don't get this sort of weather often enough in Scotland.
    Anyways, your card is terrific, wonderful design and such lovely papers, a great way to use up your snippets. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Så roligt Maarit och Grattis till utmärkelsen! Vilken härlig design du har gjort på kortet till denna veckan också. Jag njuter mest av sommaren och målar om dagarna men igår kom scrapparlusten och jag började på ett minialbum. Många kramar Elin

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS! It is worthy .............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I have never made a sunburst but love the look of them. I should look for a tutorial and give them a try!
    They always look like such fun yet relaxing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this sunburst of pretty papers and that beautiful blue flower! Congrats on your showcase at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Playground spotlight! Beautiful card with such pretty papers, butterflies and pearl dots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh, this is so pretty. Love those diagonals that form this pastel sunburst on your card. This is not the easiest of graphic designs to achieve (at least for me when I've tried to do it!), and you did a super job with placement. And big congratulations for your highlight at the Playground. I'm behind with my visits there. TFS this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit