Thursday, July 24, 2014

Show your true colours and let them shine

I love the new rainbow inspired cards that are popping up everywhere this year. Here's my take; we're having a very hot summer in Stockholm and I do appreciate the sun and hot colours. But I wouldn't mind a bit of rain and a rainbow.

Every summer holiday I also go through what I want to achieve until next summer, hence the sentiment. 

Challenges:
Less Is More: Dancing in the rain
CASology: Run (dreams can run deep)

Materials used:
Tim Holtz image coloured with Aqua Markers and then spritzed with a golden Perfect Pearl solution, then stamped onto heavy cardstock. The Tim Holtz sentiment was cut in pieces with a craft knife and stamped with Distress Inks.
Itsy Bitsy ribbons added with strong double sided tape.
The corners were cut with EK Success large corner adorner, it works perfectly with heavy card stock, but scrunches lighter papers.

Thank you very much for visiting, hope you're having a wonderful week filled with lots of time for crafting.

Cooling hugs
Maarit

14 comments:

  1. Maarit this is stunning, love the rainbow colours
    Thank you so much for joining in this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super Maarit, what an interesting treatment of this fab stamp!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this card Maarit, fab colours and image. Love your colouring too.
    Very hot today here in Inverness, too hot for me, but I don't complain as t doesn't happen very ofter for Scottish weather, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maarit! This is such a brilliant design! The colouring is so effective and I live the rounded corners too!
    Thank you for your sweet comment! Your work is amazing so I have joined your lovely followers so I can look forward to your future creations!
    All the best,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maarit,,a beautiful bright card. As Kate has said here in Scotland we don't often get a week of this heat. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and so creative x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat card--terrific design! Too hot here, too, & the shower we had was welcome before our next heatwave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great card Maarit! ....we are melting here too...so hot :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is gorgeous Maarit! what a wonderful design… I love the way you've graduated the colours in the image! and the sentiment is brilliant!
    I'm looking forward to some rain!! I like sunshine but at the moment it's too hot for me!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend !!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maarit, this is so colorful and beautiful! I love your interpretation of the cue this week...so glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ilike your take on the rainbow look that is taking the craft world by storm...although with this heat everyone is having...a storm is a good thing!

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pretty colors of the rainbow! Charming & whimsical card. Thanks for joining in on the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that image and it looks awesome in rainbow colours! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit