Sunday, July 13, 2014

Good Morning Starshine!

The earth says hello! Can you guess the film or the same musical the son appears in? It was a favourite when I was a teenager. Loved it!

I'm back with leftovers from the last card I made, pretty neat to use them for another card at once.

Challenges:
Southern Girls: You spin me round
Time Out Challenges: Fun In The Sun
Pixie's Snippets Playground: Use Snippets
Fab'n'Funky: Feels like summer
Charisma Cardz: Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks: Inspired by a song

Materials used:
Paper Smooches image and sentiment printed with brown ink, Promarkers for colouring ( I used three colours to get some depth), snippets for layering.

The background was made with Hero Arts large rain drop stamp, I stroke Distress inkpads on it, starting with Scattered Straw, then Tea Dye and at last Aged Mahogany. The large ink pads are great for that technique too, haven't been spending on the small ones yet.

The paper piece I cut out an oval from with a Nestie; was trimmed and mounted on 3 D squares onto a yellow cardstock strip I found.

Thank you so much for visiting sweeties, it really means the world to me. If your part of the world isn't cloudy check out for the super moon or perigee moon for the scientist, super moon has a better cling doesn't it?

Love and hugs
Maarit

14 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit, lovely bright sunny card, love your design.
    Would the film be "Annie"?, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fabulous card Maarit and the brightness of it is making my day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lovely cards. Like the bright yellow just right for summer. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maarit, this is a lovely bright cheery card. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voi miten ihana, aurinkoinen kortti! Ihan täydellinen layout tälle leimasimelle, huippu! Kiitos kun osallistuit TIME OUT haasteeseen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous, bright, cheery card, love it!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lovely happy snippets card Maarit! I'm smiling here in deepest Hampshire, UK - and will probably smile for the rest of the day :)

    I've just been using my very first Paper Smooches stamp here - only just discovered them and they're fabulous aren't they!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, I like how you have the sun behind the front part, love the clean and simple of this card, very elegant. Thanks for entering our Inspired by a Song challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Way to go!

    Leanne DT@4CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sunny card, great colour, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything in simplicity ! I like !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz today.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bright, sunny, cheerful, happy, just plain delightful card!! Thanks for putting a smile on my face with this awesomely done card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to say the musical was Oliver, and I would get that song in my head, and it just wouldn't go away! What a delightful cheery & fun card to brighten someone's day. Love it! Great to see you in the Playground. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful fun and sunny card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. delightful. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit