Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Christmas Trees

Hiya, I'm back with another Christmas card today. The very talented card maker SARN kindly let me use her design. Her card is very beautiful. As it usually is in blogland, I made a few alterations when the card making flow hit. The sentiment says "Happy Christmas" in Swedish.

Challenges:
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Non traditional colours
Simply Create Too: Christmas in July
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Christmas in July

Materials used:

Vilda Stamps Christmas tree stamped with embossing ink and a mixture of pearl and glitter embossing powder. Stickles for added sparkle.

A cut out mask to cover the tree and then stamp the Inkylicious trees with Memento London Fog, some Liquid Pearls added to look like snow on the ground.

A square mask made of copy paper and the adding strokes of Distress ink with make up sponge. White Sakura pen for dots to make it look like it's snowing.

Retired sentiment stamped with Distress ink. The velvet ribbon is from a boutique in Gran Canaria, I don't remember the make, it was Spanish me think.

Thank you for visiting, I'll hopefully be back with a new card tomorrow, you can tell I'm on Holiday with lots of time for crafting.
Warm hugs
Maarit



17 comments:

  1. Hello Maarit, your card is gorgeous, all the glitter and sparkle is so beautiful, wonderful colours too, love it, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful & icy with this brilliant treescape. Love all the glitters and blues. Superb take on your inspiration and I'll zip over to Sarn's to revisit her card. Enjoy your time off. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful realization. Fantastic work on your image and beatuful border. Bravo !

    Hugs from France.
    Cat's sCrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely!! That sparkly tree is so festive, and the background and border both look stunning! Thanks for the lesson in Swedish too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous love it such a wonderful card, love the sparkling tree and I must say I adore your Christmas Vintage card below this post.....sorry not been around much but time is not on my side at the moment..xxx♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas card is beautiful Maarit, I love your embossed Christmas Tree with the pretty sparkle. Thank you for playing with our Non Traditional Colours Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, christmas card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and serene. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too for Christmas in July.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maarit: Thank you for entering our "Christmas in July" Challenge at Simply Create Too with your BEAUTIFUL Christmas card. Also looking forward to seeing your entries in our new challenge which starts tomorrow [Friday].

    Blessings,

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful is your card Maarit x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo . . . isn't this beautiful!! Love the sparkly tree in the foreground. That SU! image is really perfect for Christmas cards, isn't it? Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so stunning maarit.your winter scene is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Winter scene.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely card and also the July CCAYR challenge - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you used that tree stamp in the background for a Christmas card. That tree set is used in so many cards and I have to admit I forget I have it myself. I need to pull it out of the cupboard and place it in front of me. Lol. Anyway, best wishes from Michigan. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards all Year Round. We hope to see you again next month.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit