Friday, July 11, 2014

A Place In The Sun

Hello sweeties, today I'm sending you some sunshine, or rain if you rather prefer it. I used a freebie sun from Paper Smooches and the raindrop background from Hero Arts, so as you see, you get both sun and rain today. The card making was really tedious today, I don't how many misprints, smudges and mishaps it took. I really wanted to keep it as simple as possible, so I didn't hide everything with embellies.

Challenges:
Less Is More: Earth Colours
A Blog Named Hero: Colour It In
CASology: Glow
Paper Smooches: Anything Goes

Materials used:
Paper Smooches image and sentiment printed with brown ink, coloured with Pro Markers, cut out with an oval Nestie and mounted on three other cut out ovals for more sturdiness and 3 D dots.

The background was made with the Hero Arts raindrop stamp; one of the corners was inked with Scattered Straw Distress ink, next part with Tea Dye and last corner with Aged Mahogany. It worked nice enough with the large ink pads, remember to start with the lightest colour. I've seen the same technique with the small Distress ink pads.

Thank you for visiting, it's much appreciated. Hope you can find yourself a place in the sun and have a wonderful day.

I was treated with a lovely trip to an sunny island last week so I'll stay in the craft room for a few hours, enjoying some crafting.
Warm hugs
Maarit


19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, so sunny Maarit!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and simple image which really makes the card special !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how sweet and simple this card is...really charming!

    Tam Hess
    http://cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with a fun image
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. I checked out the site you linked and they have some great freebies...Off to download a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one beautiful creation which is simple and reflects so much warmth, I am going to check out the link too.xx...xxx ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - so simply done but message well sent!! What a wonderful ray of sunshine to mail to someone's mailbox!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute maarit
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super CAS creation Maarit!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clean and fresh a lovely way to start my day thank you for sharing...................Lis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Violet, I love the raindrop background and the CAS design is perfect. This would be so good for our challenge at TIME OUT challenges, would love you to link up
    http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take the sunshine you're offering thanks Maarit. Been raining here for 2 days!

    Sweet card. TFS.

    You are most welcome to make a Christmas card like the tree one you mentioned on my blog . . . have fun.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Maarit, I love the happy face and the whole simplicity of it, lovely embossing too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute, wonderful smiling face, love it! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so lovely and so creative x

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS, Maarit, I love that you are so versatile, you do ALL card types, I think that you should try out for this card challenge!!! http://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-card-concept-design-team-call-wild.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maarit, this sweet sunshine makes me smile! Nothing like the warm glow of the sun to cheer you! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo cute
    Thank you for joining us at Everybody Art Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I'm so late Maarit!
    This is fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit