Saturday, May 31, 2014

Where do we go now?

Life changes always bring questions, don't they? But I heard something nice at the movies today; the wrong train sometimes take you to the right station. It had a soothing and comforting feel. But you could flip it; the right train can take you to the wrong station! Card making is so much easier than life philosophy, so lets move on...

I used a for me new technique for the card. Creating a background, adding a heat embossed pattern, colouring the background again and misting with perfect pearls. Then removing the embossed areas with an iron, using copy papers to protect the iron.

Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks: Crazy Egg Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Challenge: Anything Goes

I used:
Glossy cardstock, Distress inks
Hero Arts Plaid stamp, extra fine embossing powder, embossing ink
Perfect pearls for shine
Iron to remove the embossing
3D squares for dimension
Obsession Impression sentiment, Nestabilities dies
Star shaped sequins

I'm honoured to have received an Honorable Mention at CASalogy my card in the previous post.

Thank you so much for visiting and welcome all new followers, I'm so glad you found me. Have a wonderful weekend and step on right train if travelling in life.

Hugs
Maarit


8 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love the pattern you created. The little stars are just splendid. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Honorable Mention at CASology! Your card was a winner in my book! I love the wonderful pattern you've created on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maarit, Congratulations on your Honorable Mention, your cards are always winners as far as I'm concerned!!

    I've missed the last few cards you've shown Maarit, so catching up now, this one is terrific, great technique, and fab colours, and your vintage rose card is stunning as is the one with the daisy, love them all, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is spectacular ...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background you have created, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and many congratulations X

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Maarit love the colours you have used a lovely design.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply love that you created the back ground and that you made it clean and simple. This is simply awesome. I agree that life can take us in different directions feeling that myself now. hugs. Thank you so so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit