Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Purple Rain

It should be spring, but the weather with cold rain says something else. Better cheer up with a purple card.
 This is my first attempt on clean layering, is it too busy? I'm still struggling with the camera, the card stock is white IRL.

Challenges:
The Card Concept: Monochromatic Purple (attempt on Clean Layering)
Pixie's Snippets Playground: Making good use of the snippets
Dream Valley Challenges: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp: Spring Flowers

I used:
Itsy Bitsy clear stamps with black Versafine ink, coloured with Derwent watercolours, some shine added with metallic Sakura pens, Liquid pearls
I think the sentiment is an old Prima stamp
Papermania papers and matching Rocailles beads, 3D tape squares for the flowers, layered snippets for the paisley to give some dimension
Thank you for visiting!

Warm hugs
Maarit


10 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card! I love your blocked background! That's one of my favorite things to do! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Maarit, a lovely card. I do think it looks nice and clean, because you used the same colour palette.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Maarit this is simply gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Maarit, your card is just so pretty, love the cutout floral images and your wonderful colours. I don't think it's too busy at all, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is lovely. Great design, and I love the florals

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with Di above. Also, I love the little extra touch of stamping the tiny flowers in between the blocks.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card, lovely colours and layout!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flowers for our challenge, Maarit! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Maarit, love the wonderful colours a super, super card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit