Sunday, April 20, 2014

Splish Splash

Fabby with a few days off, I have time for long walks and crafting, my favourite ways to relax.

I used leftovers coloured with Distress inks and Cosmic shimmer for the Bubble stamp from Designs by Ryn. I cut them out and glued with Liquitex texture gel, it's perfect as it's matte when dry. I added Liquid pearls, tiny glass beads and Stickles.
 The background was made by stippling Distress ink on glossy cardstock, stamping Designs by Ryn's fishes and rain drops with Archival ink. I added Stickles and glossy accents to the rain drops.
 The corals were cut out from leftovers with a Spellbinder die. The sentiment was typed with a Dymo Machine on a paper strip, the words were coloured with an Aqua marker. A square leftover were coloured with a black Aqua marker to make a mat.

Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday: Splish Splash
Simon Says Stamps: Animal Antics

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Warm hugs
Maarit

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Maarit! I adore Ryn's stamps (and don't use the few I have, as often as I ought). I particularly love the raindrops, and thanks for the tip on the Liquitex texture gel. I'll be on the lookout for that product. Also thanks for the idea to use the dynamo to make the sentiment as you did. Love the soft scene you've created with the blues & creams on this pretty card, and your S/B snippet was perfect coral! TFS & Hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous, Maarit! I love it so much! Hope you had a lovely Easter! BIG hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've used these droplets, Maarit! Such a pretty card! Hope you've had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This a lovely scenic card.I have the Ryn water stamp but haven't used it yet.
    The coral looks particularly effective. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous Maarit! Like others, I have some of Ryn's stamps and don't use them anywhere near enough. I love the mysterious look you achieved here and great use of snippets for the coral.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Maarit, I love the design, and your colours are fab. Love how you've made the coral, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous underwater scene, Maarit! I love the colours and composition. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Animal Antics!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit