Saturday, January 4, 2014

Get Well Roses

Yesterday's card took a month to make, this one took only an afternoon, love them when they come easy! I also made good use of a stamp I got for Christmas, the lovely lace border. The sentiment says Get Well in Swedish.

I would like to join the following challenges:
Simply Create Too: Anything Goes
A Gem of Challenge: Something New (the border stamp)
Our Creative Corner: No More Shopping Sins (the designer paper, MME Bella Bella, the stack is huge and rarely used)


I used:
Reprint border stamp, embossing ink, a powder mix of a pearl and a sparkle
MS edge punch, Papermania half pearls
MME Bella Bella designer paper
Memento London Fog ink, image from Slöjddetaljer

Hope you're enjoying the weekend, I'm fiddling with gel paste on a project, will show you later how it worked out.

Warm hugs
Maarit

12 comments:

  1. Oh this is really gorgeous Maarit… I love the soft colours… the wonderful vintage image …. and the pretty border and embellies are just perfect… everything has come together beautifully here!
    I'm glad it's not just me who sometimes takes a month to make a card!!
    Happy New Year hun… hope it's a good one for you!
    Love and hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the distressing on the edges, and the vintage look of this card is very nice. Soft colors are great for a get well card too. Nice touch with the pearls and buttons. Thanks for playing our Get Well challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    Leanne DT@4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card - and I understand why you use these gorgeous papers rarely ;)
    Thank you for sharing your awesome make with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful papers on your lovely card. It's tough for me to cut focal images from gorgeous designer series papers, so I really appreciate this one.
    Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too Design Team in our first challenge of the year, #52, Anything Goes. Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Maarit: I love your beautiful get well card--will surely give cheer. Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 - "Anything Goes"

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful is your card Maarit l do like the distressing around the edges so effective x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gel paste project sounds interesting. It,s good when a card comes together with no trouble. I like the rose image on here . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the soft colors of this and the vintage look. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week and hope to see you again. Don't forget about the DT call! Tammy GDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. The image is lovely and I love how you distressed the edges of that beautiful paper. Thanks for joining in this month at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really beautiful card!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning maarit.gorgeous floral image and I love your soft colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful - love the vintage feel.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit