Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Birdhouse for a Bumblebee

Hiya all! Glad to see you again, hope you're well. Next week I'll be back in the classroom teaching so I'm preparing the term, following the Olympic Games and admiring lazy bumblebees, I think I like them more than butterflies!

I've made a little birdhouse with a bumblebee; I've coloured it with acrylics and made a fence of lollipop sticks. The heart and the pots were made with paper clay. I can really recommend paper clay, it's easy to work with and doesn't crack or wilt whilst drying.

The bumblebee was made of a wooden badge and wire. The grass is also of wood and precoloured when bought.

The tiny flower were cut with a QK die, Liquid pearls and Stickles added for some shine.

I would like to enter:
Fab'n'Funky Challenges: Anything But A Card
Crafty Calendar Challenges: Fun in the Sun
Cute Card Thursday: Distressing (the fence)

Warm hugs
Maarit

9 comments:

  1. This is so brilliant, I am working on a similar project with my Grandchildren at the moment, it all helps to pass the time while they are on holiday, still 5 weeks to go here.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maarit, This is gorgeous l really like it, you'll be busy with your school work then, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is So sweet Maarit! what a wonderful design… I love the little bumblebee and the fence and the gorgeous flower wreath… it's exquisite!!
    Hope you are well
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a fantastic project! Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just delicious! I love the lollipop-stick fence (a good excuse for buying lollies, I think!!) Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful little house Maarit - just gorgeous, i love all the little details -thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a darling bumblebee house! Any bumble would love to call it home as would maybe a couple of wee birdies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to live in it! Where do I apply?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful creation! I love it! Hugs, Ani
    P.S. We have a candy over at Card Mania Challenges if you're interested

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit