Monday, April 23, 2012

Material Girl



This week it's my turn to choose the theme at Cupcake Craft Challenges and I want to see some fabric or even canvas. I know you want to, and I'll have a chance to visit you all!!!
 We're being sponsored by the Digi Doodle Shop and Quixotic Paperie with fab prizes, so check our blog for all the details and to see the teams fabulous projects.

Digi Doodles Shop kindly offered the team images and I got the fabulous Hoot Owl. I've been admiring him for a while so I had a lucky moment colouring him with Alpha and Aqua Markers. I added glossy accents to his eyes to get some shine. The heart was made with broken egg shells, that's why the owl is in a state of chock!

The egg shells were coloured with alco inks, check here for a fab tutorial for it. The background was made with Hero Arts large plaid stamp and Distress and Memento inks.

I'm entering:
Dream Valley Challenges: Earth Tones (Brown, Oranges, Greens)
Clearly iStamp: Spring Colours
Crafty Calendar: Egg-stra Special

Have a wonderful week!

Warm hugs
Maarit


12 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit I love owls and this one is very cute and love the mosaic style heart
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job, Maarit! I LOVE your heart and your owl is too cute! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning. What a brilliant challenge you've chosen and a gorgeous creation to showcase it. I just love the heart! Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hei Maarit,
    upea ja hauska kortti.
    Lumet alkaa jo sulaa täälläkin, ihanan lämmintä;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning- I particularly love the heart you've made! I'm going top have a look at that tutorial!! Thanks for joining our Earth Tones challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a fab owl image - he's adorable! and I love the heart - it looks amazing in those beautiful colours!!
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card - love the effect with the egg shells! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card and a great theme this week.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit