Sunday, March 4, 2012

Crumpled Love

I found a lovely tutorial at Clarity Stamps for making a fabulous backgrounds, it's well worth a visit. I didn't have a double sided adhesive so I simplified it a bit.

I crumpled a piece of tissue paper and distressed it with distress inks and golden Versa Color. The more edges the more coloured lines you get. I stamped the image on the tissue paper with Versa Fine and stuck a broad clear tape piece over it. The colouring of the roses was made from the reverse side with markers and some more distress inks were added for some depth. The flowers were cut with TH tattered florals die from the tissue leftovers. Oh, I almost forgot, the stamp is a Penny Black from the Clearly in love set.

I'm entering:
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes (sorry, out of MME products)

I wish you'll be near your loved ones this evening!

Maarit

10 comments:

  1. Oh what a pretty card - great technique
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the colors you used. The clean design really showcases the focal point you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is sooooo elegant, stylish, and more than a little pretty. I LOVE it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Maarit, wonderful colours and such pretty details.

    Happy you could join us with the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the details, may have to give this a try.
    hugs Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and fun technique! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really sweet Maarit - love the stamp and those delicate flowers are So pretty!
    Big Hugs!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit