Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Gear!!!

Good morning all! I hope you've survived the festivities; I'm struggling with my jeans, suddenly they're sitting tight! Well, I'm back to ordinary schedule today and back at work, so I'll soon fit in them again; there's no diet that beats running to the bus station early every morning, he he.

The sweet Liza at the Cupcake Craft Challenge team has chosen us a fab theme; Something New! I got some new stamps for Christmas so I thought they could fit in to the theme, you could also show us a new baby card...or new home card...or however you interpret the theme, maybe use a for you new technique?! That often brings my mojo to life. Check our blog for all the details and to see the teams fantastic projects!

We're generously being sponsored by Sew Sweet who are offering a lucky winner a £10 Gift Voucher and by Squiggle Stamps who are offering a lucky winner 3 Digi Stamps!!!

I used:
Stamps from Joanna Sheen's Speedy Celebrations set
Platinum embossing powder
Sakura white gel pen
Memories black ink
Alpha Markers

I'm entering:
Dream Valley Challenge: Anything Goes
Frosted Designs: Cardstock Only (I stamped and embossed it)
Cute Card Thursday: What's New (the stamps)
Simon Says Stamps: Something New (the stamps)


Have a fabulous week playing with new techniques!

Warm hugs
Maarit



21 comments:

  1. LOL!! My pants are also too tight. I think I have to go on a diet, I don't have to run to the bussstation every morning, helas!! love your card. It's also very tight, haha!! Have a nice day. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that this card is different Maarit :)
    Hope the jeans get a little looser soon.
    Hope all is well and you have a great week ahead of you love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maarit, this is really stylish. You do this style so well. A lovely card. Again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. smashing card Maarit very stylish and my jeans are also tight lol
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Maarit, love your new stamps.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a brilliant idea. LOve the embossing
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Maarit, Your card is amazing truly a stunner:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maarit,
    Fabulous card and a great colour combo. Love the way it is made to give age of Birthday.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally brilliant card, Maarit, and very original, I love it! Lots of hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card! What a brilliant idea :-) Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulously striking card! Know the jean effect, my first day back at work too and feeling blubbery, came home and did a work out, so feeling slightly human again. Happy New Year and have a lovely week. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the embossing and great use of cardstock only challenge thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card! I love the embossing and the black & red color scheme!! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Frosted Designs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh...so love this.... what a fun masculine card!! So creative!! Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous card!
    Many thanks for joining in the first Cute Card Thursday Challenge of 2012!
    Happy crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! this is stunning Maarit! I love the dial image and delish embossing, and the black and red looks gorgeous!
    Hope you are having a good week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hei Maarit,
    aivan loistava kortti,
    hyvä idea;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great, striking card Maarit! Love your colours too, very grunge! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This just rocks the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative and unusual card. Love the way it shows the age. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic card! And I'm struggling in the jeans dept too lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit