Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Hope you're having a great week. I thought that I would join the Wednesday fun at Julia's place today. I've been snooping around the desks without showing mine for a long time, so here we go; the usual cardmaking clutter, two pairs of scissors (love the aqua coloured), a music device in it's felt cover and a diary. There's a job contract hidden in the pile too, I should really put it away before I accidentally cover it with inks. I've been job hunting and will start working part time at a fab school for adults next week!

I also have a card ready for the challenge at Less Is More; one layer cards with hearts.

I made a mask for the heart and applied Distress ink with a sponge and stamped it with Penny Black's Paisley Pattern. The sentiment is from the PB Illumination set. I added some paper piercing, a half pearl and cut corners to finish it off. The coloured edges have the same colour as the heart in real life. My thoughts must be on something else than managing the camera today.

I'll better start preparing for the lessons and have a cuppa, have a fabulous week! Thanks for visiting!

Warm hugs
Maarit




20 comments:

  1. ooh i love to see other peoples work space.. i love the felt cover on your music machine.
    Gorgeous little card .. so pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely workspace - I think having everything visible and to hand inspores creativity.Have to tuck all my goodies away in drawers and cupboard, except the tidal wave that flows over my table!

    Happy WOYWW

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Maarit.
    Good luck with your new job!
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for your new job Maarit, your card looks very delicate... such pretty shades of pink.
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your desk again. Very pretty card and good luck with the new job.

    Hugs
    Brenda 88

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing your desk today! Good luck with the new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your heart card is elegant and beautiful - who needs multi layers and over the top patterns?? Is that a Tone Finnager pattern on your sewing machine (?) cover - I've got one of her books. It's good for inspiration!
    Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards fabulous good luck with the challenge:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for showing us your desk this week and for your visit to me earlier. It is always good to hear what others think. Your card is perfect for the challenge, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, such awesome paper on your walls! Love it!!

    Your soft and delicate card is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Maarit.Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  12. So subtle and pretty
    all the best in your new job
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your visit- I love the project on the front of your desk, and your wallpaper is AWESOME! Running a bit late this week, have a good week, Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saw your question about the Guillotine on Sarah's blog. I have one of the older Blue ones, exactly the same but for the colour( thankfully, I am so not a pink person, lol). But seriously, yes I would highly recommend it- I've been using mine for about 5 years now, and it still cuts perfectly, and is nice & sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maarit, your card is so delicate and lovely! I love the touches of paper piercing and subtle color on the edges. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome belatedly to WOYWW. I love your wallpaper background, I was impressed by it when I first saw your photo. I'm # 11 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a pretty card Maarit. It says it all.
    I wish I could do plain and simple but it frightens the hec out of me. Ii start off ok but then keep adding more and more.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely colourful workspace, Maarit! thanks for your comment on my blog, and sorry to be so long getting back to you - I've been hopeless with WOYWW this time because I've been soooo busy and then too exhausted, but trying to catch up now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing a photo of your desk with us, I always like to see where other people create their cards :).

    Your card is very pretty, love the CAS design.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit