Saturday, October 1, 2011

Autumnal Joy

Already October and we're enjoying a few warm and sunny days and the leaves are turning into beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. I love the colours and the crisp air, but I wouldn't mind if the daylight stayed a few more hours.

The background for the image is made with a layer of gesso on paper and wiped and dry sponged acrylics. Perfect Pearls were added for a bit shimmer. The PB image is stamped with Memories Ink. The bird is outlined with a black glaze pen and the berries did get a coat of red Stickles.
The patterned paper is made with Distress inks, Perfect Pearls and Exchangeable leaf stamps. The heart button is painted with Rangers Crackle paint.


I'm entering:
Our Craft Lounge: Fall Foliage
Simon Says Stamps: Anything Goes
Stamps 'n Fun - Creativity: Anything Goes
Critter Challenge Blog: Anything Goes



Enjoy the glorious Autumn days,

Maarit

16 comments:

  1. Maarit this is gorgeous. Really reflects these lovely warm autumn days. I'm like you - the longer it stays ike this, the happier I will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vibrant colours of Autumn Maarit. I love the heart too, what a great idea. Your tree image reminds me of a tree I have in my garden. The Blackbirds try to gobble the berries up before other birds get a chance.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is lovely the colours are gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maarit,
    Gorgeous creation and fab take on the inspirational picture, I love the image and the design looks fabulous.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful rich colours Maarit, you have captured the theme perfectly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, maarit, this is gorgeous! i love all the techniques you used; sounds like fun. of course i love the red stickles too. also, thank you for inviting me to be a guest designer at the penny black at allsorts challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Maarit! The background you created looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Maarit! The background you created looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card ...had to pop by and say so xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful Maarit. I love the rich autumnal colours you have used.
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aivan upea kortti, ihanat syksyn värit.
    Olen aivan äimän käkenä (ymmärrätkö)- harmi!
    Toivottavasti voidaan olla yhteyksissä,
    kaikkea hyvää;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this time of the year because of the beautiful colours. This card is a stunner, I can't believe I missed it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow...Love the berries on that branch! Thanks for lounging with us at Our Craft Lounge this week. I hope you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maarit this is one of the most beautiful autumn cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've really captured the autumn colors; I'm just starting to see them where I live and can't get enough of that gorgeous color scheme. Wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit