Monday, August 8, 2011

Sew Mad!!!


Good morning Cupcake lovers! This week we're being sponsored by Paper Pretties who are offering one lucky winner this adorable stamp.
We're also having three generous icing on the cake sponsors this month, please check our blog for all the info. You'll find the candy winner there too!

So what do you need to do? The lovely Jane has chosen "Sew Mad!" as a theme and you can include faux or real stitching to your work.

I made good use of my sewing machine....well, I had a few mad moments when it broke down, but I fixed it! Guess it's complaining as I don't use it often enough, ha!

The old dictionary page is covered with Color Box white ink to mute the text, you could also use gesso or acrylic paints. I did choose a page with words that fits in with the wanted feel, (the text is in Swedish if you wonder), any unwanted words can be erased with an adhesive tape or covered with paint or embellies.

I also used:
Tingtura boy stamp
Vilda Stamps splatter background
Texts are Simon Says Stamps and a Craft Stamper freebie
Exchangeable's clear alphabet
Memories and Distress Inks
Alpha Markers to colour eyelets
QK cog die

I'm entering:
Cute Card Thursday: No Designer Paper
Stampalot Challenge: Whatever You Fancy

Hugs
Maarit


19 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit

    I love this very much!!!

    Great use of the dictionary paper (I hope you learnt all the words and their meanings before you ripped them out of the boo LOL!!).

    Fab image and I love all your eyelets and stitching. Great finished look.

    Thank you for your lovely comment over the weekend.

    I hope all is good with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Maarit!
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maarit. I forgot to say thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Verkligen annorlunda kort! Jag gillar sömmarna och collaget i olika mönster. Roligt kort :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helt underbart kort! Tokgillar färgerna & motivet! Ha en toppen måndag! Kramelikram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Maarit and such a fun design...hope you have a good week my sweet :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab! A really cool card, love the crazy stitching and the fun little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab male card Maarit, great colours.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, Maarit! I love the colours and the dictionary page is a brilliant idea, with the transparent white and all the eyelets! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey you! I think this card is soooooooo cool! I looooooooooooove what you've done with the image. :) Have a great week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh its so frustrating when the machine doesnt work. Fab card Maarit, the different styles of stitching is just right for the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Maarit my lads would love this.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maarit what a cool dude card a great image and gorgeous design a super card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats so cool!! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. so unique! Great card for a boy. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really super creation Maarit and love how you have achived that soft moottled look over the script.

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stampalot Challenge and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, Maarit. I love the different style stitching - just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A creative piece of work. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit