Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A card and a sneak peak

Hope you're all doing well this lovely Wednesday. We're enjoying the warm weather, it makes such a change from all the rain.

I'm getting a lot of inspiration from other crafters this summer and I've cased a fantastic card from the August issue of the Craft Stamper Magazine. It feels a bit like cheating, but mimicking is a great way to learn....or maybe it's only a lame excuse from me when mojo is lowish, rofl.

I'm entering the Less Is More Challenge who wants to see Button or Ribbon and The ABC Challenge who has Z for Zoo this week.

I used:
A wooden stamp from India
Prima sentiment
MS edge punch
Colorbox inks and chalks (lovely inks, but can't recommend the Cat's Eyes, the ink pads easily falls off)



And now the sneak peak:

I'm honoured to say that the sweet Cupcakes have invited me to their team. The excitement has been quite overwhelming and I've enjoyed it thoroughly. Many thanks for having me!!!

The pic shows a part of a creation I've made for next weeks challenge, just had to add a cupcake! You'll see the entire project on Monday.


Love
Maarit

19 comments:

  1. congratulations, maarit for being invited to the cupcakes! i love the colours in your card; perfectly fits both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the cute ittle elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Maarit
    What a super stamp
    Thank you so much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LIM card Maarit, that little elephant is a sweetie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grattis till ett nytt uppdrag!!! Kramar Elin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maarit

    Loving your card very much .. .. and so would my Daughter in Law .. .. she is mad about elephants!!!

    Great colour combo too.

    Congratulations on your Cupcake news!!! How exciting.

    Hope all is well with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the first card is lovely, cased or not, you've added your own touch. I think the rich colours together are perfecto for the elephant. As for the sneaky peeky, I've been lucky enough to see the whole project and it's completely fab. Sopleased you are coming to play with us. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card well done. You can view my card here
    Maureen..........x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the elephant card, it's really exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting elephant stamp. Great color combination. Congrats on being select for the cupcake team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Maarit. The colors look stunning together!
    Congrats on your new DT spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Maarit. Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your elephant and the colours you've chosen. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous image and the colours wow!!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous, Maarit! I love the clean layout and the colours are fantastic! Thank you for your lovely comment and welcome again to the team, I am very happy to get to "work" with you:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That elephant is awesome! Congratulations on joining the cupcake team!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maarit, there is nothing wrong with 'borrowing' an idea from a magazine; after all they are there to inspire us.

    Gorgeous card. Love your funky elephant stamp.

    Thanks for joining us at The ABC Zoo Challenge.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just looooooooove this one! Great colors!
    Thanks for joining us at ABC-Challenges. Hope to see you this week as well :)

    *hugs*
    Angélique

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit