Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You're my favourite!


Already June, my favourite month, and time for a new challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts. Brenda has set us with a great theme this month, show us your favourite PB stamp or Stickeroo! It could be a difficult task to choose just one of their lovely stamps, but remember that you can enter with three different creations per challenge, so you can actually pick your top three.

I've been cheating as I have two favourites; the butterflies are from the Butterfly Ball stamp, stamped with different ColorBox inks and chalks and cut out. The background is made with Leopards' Bane, I bought it for nothing on a sale and struggled a bit when I first used it, but it's my all time favourite.

The petrol blue backing paper was also made with a ColorBox ink to match the stamped images and the purple one is made of several scrap pieces, glued together. I used a KS corner rounder to create the scalloped edge, the yellow paper is in two pieces, but mounted to look like a paper strip. The embellies are from my stash.

We have great prizes this month, so join us with your all time PB favourites.

Hugs
Maarit

7 comments:

  1. Good Monring Maarit

    Really clever use of your PB stamps and coordinating elemens from them. A super colour choice as well, very striking.

    Coosing a favaourite is difficult and I think that sometimes a stamp grows on you as the one you used here.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heissan Maarit!
    Aivan upea kortti jälleen,
    vaikea haaste meille, kun kaikki PB leimat on niin ihania,
    voi hyvin, haleja;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Maarit. It's like summer fireworks!
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Maarit. Love the sparkles you added to the butterflies and they go beautifully with the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous Maarit, beautiful butterflies and colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maarit,
    I love your stamps. Fabulous design and burst of colours.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun piece, Maarit--very striking!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit