Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Beach


Hope you're having a great week; mine has been a roller coast one with quick changes between the ups and downs but I believe and really hope I've come to the smooth last bit now and that everything is slowing down for the weekend. I have got some new goodies to play with too, so I'm well prepared for two gorgeous days.

The idea for this card came from the super talented Michelle Zindorf, she's well worth a visit as her cards and tutorials are brilliant.

The beach and waterline were brayered with Distress Inks and the summer wish (it's Happy Summer in Swedish) was stamped with a Hero Arts alphabet, also with Distress Inks. The dots were made with Alpha Markers.
The wave and surfboard were made with Quickutz dies from scraps, I added glitter and shine with Sakura pens, Perfect Pearls and Stickles.
The large flower is a Prima, the white was made with a TH die and all other details are from my stash.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Buttons, (Perfect) Pearls and Shape (the wave and the surfboard)
Our Creative Corner: I was inspired by the dots and the sand and orange colours
Moving Along With The Times: Inspired by Surfin' USA by The Beach Boys
For Fun Challenges: Summer Fun
A Spoon Full Of Sugar: Splish Splash

Wishing you a fabulous weekend full of fun,

warm hugs
Maarit

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful love the colours.........:)Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab song choice and your card really captures the surfin spririt
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous combination of colours makes this a stunning card Maarit and your song choice is fab, I'm loving all songs of this challenge.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us this week at MAWTT for our sing song and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hei Maarit,
    upea kortti täynnä kesän kimaltavaa tunnelmaa;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Ah this is super, and I will now be singing that song all day. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful. Great techniques.

    Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges & Good Luck x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC. I think your use of color really created a wonderfully calming card! I hope that we see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Violet, very creative, I love the brayering.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & playing bingo with us :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card.. I just love the colors!! I have a $65 stamp giveaway going on right now.. come and sign up.

    Have a great weekend,
    Jessica Lynn
    http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit