Monday, May 9, 2011

Meditation?!

Lägg till bildHope you had a great weekend with time for some crafting, I managed to make a Please Do Not Disturb sign. It's for myself when I have my daily meditation break, he he, it sounds pretentious doesn't it!? Well the story is more down to earth, after my spine injury a few years ago I had to go through a lot of different painkillers, but got allergic reactions against all but one. It helps only a little, so I had to find other ways to keep the pain at bay. A girl has to live too! Light daily exercise and a moment of full relax keeps me mobile and no I'm not all healthy, got a bad sweet tooth and totally love chocolate and all things rich. Had a banoffee at Saturday and a piece of chocolate cake today!

I'm entering:
Charisma Cardz Challenges - No Cards!
Colour Create Challenge - Aqua, Purple, Green and White with the optional glitter
Jules' Crafty Snippet Challenge - To use scraps

I've been following the lovely Jules' challenge for inspiration a while, and thought it was time to enter it properly too. So I've only used scraps this time, I often use them for die cutting but almost never for an entire project. I'm quite pleased with the result and have to say that a colour challenge made it a whole lot easier. The text is in Swedish an it says Please Do Not Disturb, Meditation is going on in this room.

I used:
Stamps: Hero Arts long branch n leaf border, TH harlequin pattern
Dies: TH vintage market alphabet and flower, Sizzlits Skittle Dee Doo alphabet, Cuttlebug tag
Papers: scraps and a sturdy piece from a shirt package
Stickles, Distress Inks, Color Box inks and chalks, embroidery thread

Hugs
Maarit

7 comments:

  1. Tässä on asiaa, tällainen koriste pitäisi olla joka askartelijatytön ovessa,
    voimia ja jaksamista;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sign is beautiful Maarit. I love the wonderful flower.
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maarit

    What a fantastic make .. ... I think I need one that says "do not disturb - creating in progress" LOL!!!

    You have used a brilliant colour combo and so many snippets!!!

    I really enjoy my Sunday play and am pleased you decided to keep me company this week.

    Your flower is gorgeous .. and I spy a little crochet flower too!!

    I hope all is good with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is lovely! Your flower looks amazing. Very pretty soft & calming colours, perfect for a spot of relaxation.
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snippet project. Visiting you from Jules' link.

    Have a great day.

    Hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!!!! love the flower.
    Thankyou for joining Colour create.
    Hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful sign! I love the gorgeous flower :)

    Thanks for joining us Colour Create.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit