Saturday, April 30, 2011

Going Oriental for The Allsorts Challenge

I'm guest designing for the Allsorts Challenge this week and the theme is Oriental. It became a thinking of you card as I thought very much of Japan whilst making it.

I brayered a glossy card with Distress Inks and masked off for the sun. The mountain is a Stampscape stamp and it was stamped with a ColorBox chalk. The bamboo, the text and the butterflies are from the Penny Black Illumination set, they were all stamped with Memories ink (let the ink dry a day before you move on with the highlights, otherwise it will smudge). The highlights were made with a white Sakura pen. Corners are QK. The half pearls were white but I coloured them with a purple marker.

Thank you so much for having me Allsorts!

Hugs
Maarit

2 comments:

  1. Stunning piece just WOW XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Zoe said, a stunning piece Maarit. Beautiful colours and you clever combination of the stamps works perfectly.

    Many thanks for being our Guest Desinger at Allsorts this week.

    Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit