Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two cards and an award

Penny Black Saturday Challenge wants to see Mens Cards this week and I thought that this card might fit in as hubby liked it, and now you're thinking ah, but the heart might pull them off. I've found out that some of them do like hearts too, just keep the colours muted and manly. I also enter Stampin' for the Weekends challenge to make Monochrome projects.

I used a bamboo stamp from the PB Illuminations set, stamped and distressed with Distress Inks, sprayed with golden Perfect Pearls and water for shimmer and grain. A bit of doodling with a Sakura pen and bits and bobs from my stash.
I've linked this one to the Penny Black Blog Challenge, the theme is Easter and I made good use of some scraps. The hedgie is from the PB Hugs! set and I've created the background with different alphabet stamps, the words are in Swedish (sun=sol, twitter=kvitter and so on).




I have received an award from the sweet Sally at the Sallysbitz. It was so lovely of her to think of me! Well there are a few rules that come with accepting this award and here they are:

1) You have been tagged, do you want to accept? 'Of course!' then create a post on your blog and post the love blog photo.

2) Link back to the person who gave you the award and say if you accept.

3) Choose 3-5 of your favourite blogs to tag, link these in your post too and tell the lucky people they have been tagged. As the aim of this award is to bring unknown good blogs to light, please don't tag somebody with 3000 followers.

So, in no particular order, I pass this on to ....

1. Autumn Hathaway

2. Ellie

3. Mum's Monkey


They're well worth a visit and can inspire you in different ways.

Hugs
Maarit

6 comments:

  1. What lovely cards! I particularly like the first one!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards x
    Its great to get hubbys opinion coz they do to tell the truth.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 gorgeous cards, especially love the PB Bamboo.
    I have just had a browse through you blog and love the variety of your cards. I am now a follower!
    Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. men's card - I always say that's code for brown. it's a lovely card for a man.
    thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for highlighting my blog. That is very kind of you. I love your cards and the idea of creating a background with alpha stamps.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit