Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sweet Love Bubbles

I'm still in the mood for pink colours and have been rummaging through the paper scraps to make good use of them. The scrap heap seems to have it's own life, growing very fast every time I'm looking away. This time I cut them to 1 cm width and made a quilt pattern with false sewing, thrifty as I am, even the smallest pieces could be used for this one, I'd rather spend on stamps, lol!

The hedgie is from the Penny Black Hugs! set and coloured with Aqua Markers. The sentiment is made with a cut out piece from a Prima stamp and letters from an Exchangeable alphabet set. It's embossed with Rangers Cranberry powder. Highlights and doodling are made with a white Sakura gel pen. I also used Nestabilities oval die, QK nesting hearts die and a MS border punch. Embroidery floss, gems and flower are from my stash.

I'm entering:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge: Love is .... ?
Cute Card Thursday: Hearts and Flowers
For Fun Challenges: Hearts
Critter Sketch Challenge: Critter
Scrapbook Sisters: My Valentine

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs
Maarit

17 comments:

  1. Hei Maarit!
    Tosi ihana idea käyttää suikaleet,
    juu, niitä kertyy hirveät määrät.
    Tosi upea kortti jälleen;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilket sött kort! Härligt rosa med den flätade looken. Kanon! Tack för att du är med hos FOr Fun igen.
    Kram
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ribbon, threads, heart and flower....so much texture! Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun this week. Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card. Your strips of paper look very effective, I would have been pulling my hear out cutting them all. Love the heart and string too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous, such a cute Hedgie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card maarit and I love your quilted background......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the critter you chose. Thanks for playing in the Critter Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pink & the fabulous border punch! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! I just love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog for our Critter Challenge! Good Luck! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. a super cute card. Thanks for sharing with us For Fun.

    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute card! Thanks for joining the Critter sketch challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maarit, this is a beautiful card, such a vibrant pink. I love your quilt idea for using up scraps. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment - it's very much appreciated.
    Louise
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this is so beautiful and the papers so very pretty.......I love it!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card - I love the assortment of ribbons! Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is soooo gorgeous, love what you have done with the ribbons.

    Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A girl after my own heart. Love the scrap background! The image is very sweet. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges. Good luck!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit