Saturday, February 19, 2011

Straight corners!?



He he, I don't know how to take pics today, it all started with the idea of taking a more interesting photo. You have to trust me on this one, it's a normal card with straight angles! It looks more like something scary for Halloween, I don't give much for my photographing skills if I've ever had any.

Ah well, let's move to the card - I need to make a lot more cards for Christmas and found a perfect challenge, it will make the card making more fun and somehow easier. Winter Wonderland Challenge has "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!" as a theme just now and we have actually lots of snow and - 10 degrees Celsius here, so there shouldn't be any difficulties to create the right atmosphere. Even though I hope that Spring will come as soon as possible with warmth and ice free streets.

I used:
- A free Elusive Images stamp from the Craft Stamper magazine, stamped with Versa Fine black and heat embossed with Rangers fine detail clear powder. The ornaments are paper pieced and covered with 3D glue and sprinkled with glitter.
- A PB snowflake stamp and sentiment from the Crystalline set on the MME Bella Bella paper.
- Spellbinders oval and Cuttlebug Vintage corner dies.
- A small gem from my stash.


I also have some exciting news to share, I'll be guest designing for Cupcake Craft Challenges in March. I'm thrilled as it was one of the first challenges I started to follow when I began card making. I've been working hard with secret projects and I'm looking forward to see you join us when we post the themes.



Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, I'm much better now and have spent some time in my craft corner, so it couldn't be better. Thanks for all your good wishes and enjoy rest of the weekend!


Hugs
Maarit

7 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit

    A lovely Christmas card. I love the colours you have used .. .. and your photograph is lovely.

    Many congratulations on your GDT spot. Can't wait to see the secret projects.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyviä uutisia, onnea pestistä, tosi hieno juttu;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful and such pretty colours!!! I am trying to get a start on my Christmas cards too.BTW Congrats on your guest DT spot....have fun!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you're back at it Maarit, and congrats ont he DT place, how fun for you. Your photo is just fine, it's an arty angle - one I always achieve myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply lovely!

    Thanks for joining us on WINTER WONDERLAND :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, clean looking card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are much betterx

    Your card is lovely, you will be well and truly organised for Christmas Lol

    Pop on over to my blog, I have an award waiting for you there.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit