Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Say it with Flowers




Good morning! It's a new month and it's time for our a new challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts. This month we have a wonderful theme, Say it with Flowers!

I went a bit crazy with this card, I got the colour and detail inspiration from an Indian restaurant I visited. I have a soft spot for Indian food, yum! Hm, well, the thought was good but when looking at it - maybe there's too much of everything. Just the way I feel about the restaurant's buffet.... after I've nomed me through all the dishes. And the worst thing is that it's entirely my own fault, can't stop in time and only pick my favourites, lol.

Favourites I used for the card:
- A PB hedgie (from the Hugs! set)
- nestabilities dies and embosssing folder
- Distress Inks for distressing
- CB swirl and corner die
- MME design papers
- liquid pearls
- Sakura pens
- Stickles

I used something new for the colouring, Aqua Markers. Letraset has very kindly sponsored whole the team with a pen set each....and are also sponsoring us with a challenge prize! Yay!!!! We have fantastic prizes this month, so ink up your Penny Black stamps or pick your Stickeroos and join us, you can enter with three different projects and get even more chances to win.

I made a second one, just in case you need some more inspiration for a more balanced card. The stamps are from the same clear stamp set as above.

Hope you get a wonderful day full of fun and with lots of crafting.

Hugs
Maarit

11 comments:

  1. Todella upeat kortit Maarit!
    Kiva kuulla mistä sait inspiraation ensimmäiseen, hauska! Ja toinen on myös suloinen.
    Arvaa vaan miten meillä on lunta;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG these are too cute Maarit! Love those stamps you used and what fabulous layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful...I love the way you coloured the images
    Thanks for the inspiration
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful Maarit. I love the scene on the first one and the second one made me chuckle the way you have used the two stamps together.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maarit,Love your indian inspired card colours are strong and vibrant,the 2nd card is lovely too,love the green and white.
    Hugs
    doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both your cards,the colouring is just perfect, especially love the background in your first card.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Maarit, I love your image and colouring.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jättefina kort båda två, men det andra gillar jag bäst! Det verkar som att du gillar dina nya aquamarkers - det blev ju jättesnyggt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maarit

    Wonderful makes.

    Your DT card is gorgeous.

    Such a lovely layout and lots of beautiful touches alongside your image.

    Your colouring is amazing on both cards and I love how you did the backgrounds too.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought that set and have the cat....I will try to do one like yours since yours is so cute and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for helping me with the linking problems. Hope I got it right this time. Your card is simply lovely, I like your style. Ja kiitos erityisesti ystävällisestä kommentistasi suomeksi! http://tirpuunen.vuodatus.net

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit