Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Less is More?!


Less is More is a brand new challenge for us who likes to make simple card, hrm, I feel the need to say that most of my cards are more like - if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing, lol!
But some of my followers might remember when I had a crush for one layers, it's still there, tempting me now and then, but o'boy how challenging it is with only one layer. So here we go again, it's very clean and simple for being me and I had fun.

The challenge was to use pink, black and white for a CAS card. My photo has changed the pinks to a more red tone, I'll see if I can come up with a better pic.

I've used scraps for the layered circles, they were distressed with Distress inks. I used stamps from the PB Clearly In Love set for the text and for the circles. Highlights, gloss and glitter were added with Sakura pens. Halfpearls are from my stash.

Thanks for visiting,

hugs
Maarit

17 comments:

  1. Wow, I enjoy looking at the product of your 'fun'!
    This is a fabulous card, I love the shading within the circles... just lovely!
    I really hope you will join in with our challenges on a regular basis!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's gorgeous Maarit, I love the addition iof the pearls on the same line as the text..really keeps it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT! I love this card. Might have to copy it but turn the circles into hearts for a Valentine card for the husband!!!! Thanks for the inspiration . . . and leaving me a comment on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this a lot! Bold pink cirles with lovely detail in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, Clean , Crisp, Elegant card xx

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super layout, great technique, so effective
    Thanks for taking part for our first challenge, hope to see you again next week

    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have stamped all the differnt circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something so appealing about circles. What a great take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maarit love your card I am hoping to get a chance today to try this challenge too, your card is perfect.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maarit

    Stunning .. ... love this very much!!!

    It just shows how little you need to have on a card for it to be beautiful.

    Hope all is well with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. arty, uncluttered, and gorgeous card
    have a wonderful day
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is a lovely card, the fresh, clean lines make it very striking.
    Please could you e-mail me at cupcakechallenge@googlemail.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful CAS card Maarit. I love the colours and the pearls are a perfect touch. Congrats on your GDT over at cupcake - I look forward to "working" with you. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is BEAUTIFUL, and i am SO going over to visit that blog RIGHT NOW! :) i'm a busy kinda cardmaker, and the "less is more" thing gets totally lost on me. i need to work on this, and your card is absolutely inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit