Sunday, January 30, 2011

With Love For Valentine

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. Mr Postman kindly brought me some new goodies so I've been glued to the craft desk for two days now, lol. And here's one of the creations I've made.

I cut out a heart from cardstock and covered it with ribbon leftovers - I save all the short bits - and I made patterns on them with Liquid Pearls. Then they all got another thin layer with Liquid Pearls to make a better colour match.

The quilt is made with leftover paper strips, distressed with Distress Inks and glued onto a cardstock piece, then covered with PVA for a nice shine. The stitching is made with a sewing machine.

The letters are made with a TH alphabet die, gems are a gift from Hobby och Hantverk ( a Swedish craft store). The embroidery thread is from my stash.

I'm entering:

The Craft Barn Challenge
: 4 Technique choices
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge:
Valentine Cards
Charisma Cardz
: Valentines/Love
Craft Your Days Away:
Love
Really Reasonable Ribbon
: Heart theme

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs
Maarit

7 comments:

  1. So pretty in blue! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! I love the way you used your ribbon scraps on the heart. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Maarit, love the sweet heart and pretty colours too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card !! Thanks for playing with us
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful !! thanks for your participation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnifique réalisation ! Your heart is truly wonderful. xoxoxo from France. coKo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit