Sunday, January 9, 2011

Something New

Long time no see, but here I am, back from a nasty cold. I've been fiddling with an overloaded DT card so I needed to make something completely different for a change. It's for a young adult who just loooves all kind of computer games, just like his father does. LOL!

The image from Mo Manning is just perfect. I coloured it with my usual Derwent watercolour pens and too much water, the paper fibres didn't like that treatment at all, gah! My usual watercolour paper is too thick for the writer.

The wonderful design papers are from Stitchy Bears Stamps, a win from the Moving Along With The Times Challenge. My computer is loaded with new lovely digi goodies now. And speaking about wins I had one at The Scrapbook Sisters too. A wonderful start on the new year!

I'm entering:
Simon Says Stamps Challenge: New Beginnings! There are a lot of them in computer games.
Crafty Calendar Challenges: New Beginnings!
Mo's Challenge Blog: Going Retro! The dark browns, teal and orange are retro colours for me, something granddad had in his flat. The brown design paper reminds me very much of his wallpaper.

Have a wonderful evening and come back soon again for a visit!

Hugs
Maarit

12 comments:

  1. Coolt kort:) Tack för din återkoppling och rara ord.
    Kram Tesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maarit

    A brilliant card. Such a perfect image and great sentiment too.

    Pleased to hear that your germs have about subsided now.

    My hubby has them .. . and I am hoping he doesn't give them to me!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... Violet
    your card is great!
    I love this cute image and your colouring!
    Hugs from germany Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon.. I love this image and it is perfectly created.. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maarit...what a totally adorable card!! I'm looking at my hubby right now playing a video game! Boys and their toys, huh?!! Love the DPs you used...and the layout is really fun!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Maarit, love the fab image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Maarit. I love Mo Manning's images and she always seems to have just the right one for the occasion.
    Sorry to hear you have been unwell and hope you are better now.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful card! I love the way you've colored the image! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous image and card! It's so hard to find images for young adults/teens that they would like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tosi ihana kuva ja hienosti väritetty,
    onnea voitoista, upeaa,-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - love the image - Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge. Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab Male card!!!! I Love it. Thanks for joining in at The Crafty calender this month.
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit