Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts

Already December... and it means that we have a new challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts, perfect to keep the Christmas stress away. This month the theme is:

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.

You can create absolutely anything you like showing what the theme means to you; Nature, fairies, love, your favourite colour, animals and so on. The choice is yours, as long as you use a Penny Black stamp or Stickeroo as the central focus of your work.

The choice was easy for me, it had to be something related to the beauty of Mother Nature and as I needed one more Christmas card I made a winters night scene. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out in the end.

I used:
Ornament and sentiment stamps from Christmas Treasure set
Tsukineko golden embossing powder
Scrap pieces for trees and snow, the blue paper is a Laura Ashley, old dictionary paper for backing.
They are all distressed with Distress Inks (sponged or with Cut n dry nibs) for depth
Small glass beads sewn with golden thread to paper
Crystal and Frosted Lace Stickles and Distress Inks to create snow shadows
Golden ribbon from my mum


I'm also entering:
The ABC challenge: I for Ice and Snow

Hugs
Maarit

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely and so elegant card,
    hugs;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Maarit

    I love you card, the trees look so elegant and more of those tiny seed beads as stars.

    Thank you so mcuh for being part of the team and helping make our challenge special.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maarit

    Such a lovely card.

    I love your trees and all the gorgeous layers behind them.

    I have also just spied your TH wreath on the post below. Amazing work!!!

    You are one talented lady.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love those trees with the decoration.

    Thank you for joining in this week's ABC challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Maarit. Love how you made the trees and added the embossed ornaments! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely special card great idea to use scraps in a wonderful creative way, the baubles are fabulous xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maarit you card is divine. The little glass beads are a wonderful accent and your trees so clever.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit