Saturday, November 6, 2010

Twinkle, twinkle...

I recently got an order for Christmas cards with a special star on, but didn't have any stamps or dies that did fit in to the description and after spending hours (it felt like that) searching web shops with no result I almost gave up.
But as my friend really wanted a special card I began to think about how to make one; so I grabbed a pile of excess rubber from unmounted stamps, cut out chunky pieces and assembled them on EZ mount and ... voilá! A star was born! Or something resembling a star, he he. My friend was very happy with the result so I'm lucky.

I brayered and sponged Distress Inks on glossy paper to make the coloured background, stamped Stampabilities swirly background with Memories ink, stamped the star with golden Versa Color and heat embossed it with Tsukineko golden embossing powder, added dots with a golden Sakura pen. The orange backing paper is a Bazzill Bling and the green one is a digi paper distressed with Distress Inks.

I'm entering:
Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge: Pumpkin, Eggplant & Avocado
Love to visit them for all fab tips and workshops, there's so much inspiration!


Hope you're having a fab weekend full of fun, I went to a craft fair earlier today and brought home some things I really needed - adhesives and cardstock - and some other goodies, amongst them my first real charms for cardmaking, I'm suddenly feeling like a grown up, not only using home made things!

Thanks for visiting and any comments you may leave, love to read them and to be able to visit you too.

Hugs
Maarit

2 comments:

  1. WOW this is GORGEOUS....so very clever of you!!! The star looks fabulous!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love how you created this stamp - it's so creative! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit