Saturday, November 27, 2010

Show your Distress Inks!

Or show me your inky fingers! This project turned into an Inky Fête with ink everywhere, even my nose glowed in green and glitter at one point, luckily enough I noticed it before leaving the house.

This started with the idea of a Christmas wreath and using the TH Tattered Florals die, the larger flowers have been a bit too large for the cards I've been making and I wanted to make good use of them too. I also wanted to incorporate fabrics to my project, before cardmaking I used to sew a lot and I've been missing the fun of using fabrics.

I cut out a huge pile of tattered florals from a white thin fabric, coloured them with green Distress Inks, stamped some of them with TH stamps, sprayed with Perfect Pearls, added Stickles to add pattern effect and to harden some of the flowers (didn't want them to hang down). They are layered on a cut out cardboard circle and a few of them are tucked in under the layered flowers to add dimension. Then some copper wire, tiny silver stars, red wooden beads and red ribbon to create interest. And some more Stickles!

I'm entering the Show your Distress Inks challenge at Simon Says Stamp an Show.

Hope you have some great plans for the weekend, I'll stay warm and comfy indoors and catch up with commenting. Still got the cold and it's -12 degrees outdoors, so lots of tea and blogs to visit is just what I need.

Hugs
Maarit

9 comments:

  1. Great project!
    It's as cold here too,
    brr, good time to do crafts,-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. How VERY pretty!!!! Love this!

    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good idea!I like it!Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is absolutely stunning Maarit such a wonderful project all those gorgeous flowers thank you so much for the inspiration, I have just bought myself the Tattered Florals so I love seeing what can be done with them.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, wow, this is outstanding. I love it.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas wreath!
    Thanks for popping by my blog and I must tell you that there is no problem using an iron on low setting with red rubber stamps ( NOT clear stamps) as when they are made they are vulcanised at extremely high temperatures. I've done this for years with no ill effects. I also lay velvet on a stamp then iron over the velvet it to make a beautiful impression. The velvet is impressed with the stamped image.
    If you really don't believe me then try it on a stamp you don't like!!!
    Best wishes
    JoZarty

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is gorgeous Maarit.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maarit

    This is gorgeous.

    Sorry not visited in a few days, optic neuritis again so computer limited to short bursts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit