Monday, November 1, 2010

"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"

A new month and time for a new challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts. We have a fab theme for you: "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas". It's perfect for any Christmas card you want to make as long as you use a Penny Black image. Our prizes are fab too, too bad I can't join!

As this is my first challenge as a DT member I had to get some new stamps (any excuse will do) and found the wonderful clear stamp set called Christmas Treasures. I used the birdcage as an image, stars and text for the background, snowflake and snowflake scrolls for the decor paper. Love stamps I can use for decorating too!

I also used:
QK dies for flowers, leaves and stars
Cuttlebug dies for snowflakes and flowers
Spellbinders oval dies
Liquid pearls
Memories and Distress Inks
Tsukineko clear embossing powder for image
Buttons, gem and papers are from my stash.


I made a small treat box to go with the card, the Christmas wreath and the text are from the PB stamp set. I used a Tim Holtz alphabet die for God Jul (Merry Christmas in Swedish), a Sizzix die for the scroll and a EK Success corner rounder to create the scalloped edges.
The chocs were very yummie! (Chokladfabriken is Chocolate Factory in Swedish.) Will need to get some new for Christmas!
I need to make a few more Christmas cards too, I've already sold all I've made so far and I have an order waiting, but card making and blogging is slower now when I'm at a course three days a week. I'll visit my team buddies later today or tomorrow and you too if you join our challenge.

Thanks for visiting and big hugs to everyone,
Maarit

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Maarit

    A really lovely card and gift box, a wonderful DT creation for Penny Black at Allsorts.

    Lovely to have you on the team.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så vackert och läckert!!
    Jag ska gå och hälsa Viktoria och Daniel, de är här;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maarit

    Two wonderful projects.

    I love the shade of blue you have used very much.

    So much work has gone into both projects .. just beautiful!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and gift box! Love the stamp set, I was lucky enough to win this set last month!
    I love the sketch you used with it, beautiful colors and the box you made to go with it is just amazing.
    So happy to be designing with you for penny black @ all sorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty so much work went into this set making these very special indeed. Going to be fun being on the PB@A team with you xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable work!
    love all the wonderful details!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit