Friday, October 8, 2010

The perfect blend

Today I had a lunch with hubby close to his office. It was a great treat as we usually are so busy and don't get much time just the two of us together. The lunch was a delicious buffet and I did even get a slice of a wonderful nut and toffee pie to the coffee. Yum! A good start for the weekend and perfect inspiration for a card.

I used a digi win from The Cutting Café, I printed it out as a draft to give a slight impression of a stamped image. I cut out several cups and glued them together and added shimmer with Sakura pens. Shame on me, no coloured image this time, it feels like I'm cheating :)
At least I did get inky fingers as I distressed the papers with Distress Inks!
The gingham paper is Laura Ashley and the others are from my scrap folders.
Ribbons and buttons are from my stash.

Cupcake Craft Challenges: Happy Hour!
For Fun Challenges: Something you bought and haven't used (the white ribbon, it's actually upside down, the colours of the other side don't match any of my papers)

Hope you're having fab plans for the weekend. I'll be sorting out a few cards for sale this weekend; the box with ready cards is bulging again and I will need some space for Christmas cards.

Hugs
Maarit

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maarit, what a brilliant card. Love the image and your layout is fab. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maarit

    How nice that you had luch with hubby, sure it made a lovely change.

    And tyou card is rather special as well, differnt for you but very nice.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maarit. What a fab and cute card, love your take on our Happy Hour theme! I would love a cup of tea right now! Thanks for playing at Cupcake. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youre card is great and that pie sounds scrumptious! Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit