Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Two very different cards today

The first one is for Simon Says Stamp And Show Challenge - show your numbers. I've used lots of TH stamps and his number masks, Distress Inks, Versa Fine, bleach to blend the black ink, Sakura pen, vintage downloads and Tsukineko embossing powder for the film strip. The film strip and the panel with the masked numbers are attached with 3D tape to add dimension to the card. Paper clips, edge and buttons are from my stash. I'm quite surprised with the result, didn't know I could make a card like this one.

This one was more predictable and I'm pleased with the result. I get so often carried away when making cards that I never know what I'll end up with.

I made a quilt pattern (an easy one) with small scrap pieces and distressed all the edges with DI. I used a MS punch to the red backing paper. I made a small sock, stamped the edges with a TH stamp, added some stitching for texture and Stickles and Liquid Pearls (the white border) for sparkle and shine. The sock is attached with 3D tape to create dimension.

A Spoon Full Of Sugar Challenge
: Sparkle and Shine.
Gingersnap Creations Blue Moon Challenge: Quilt Patterns

I'm honoured and very happy, I was picked as an Ancient Ages Ginger Gem. You made my day!

Thanks for visiting and any comments you may leave! Love to read them and to visit you too!

Hugs
Maarit

5 comments:

  1. Whoa!! I'm loving the colors on both of these. Nice weaving on the one with the stocking!! :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZEROOOO!!! Your distressy card is just awesome! love the layers...heck...Love Everything!!

    Thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Maarit, love the arty card but love the patchwork one too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both card are stunning and beautiful Maarit. Been perusing your blog and I love your ecclectic style. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit and the kind comment. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are gorgeous! I love all the layered inking and distressing in the top card, and the bottom is so perfectly "quilted"! Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit