Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rome

Gingersnap Creations has a wonderful variety of inspirational challenges and tutorials. The Ancient Ages Challenge caught my thoughts at once, could I make something and how. I remembered a trip to Italy when I was young, the chalky touch and the soft colour of terracotta and the muted green leaves (...and the food and the Italians!).

The image is a computer download transferred with reverse glue technique to add shine. The green paper was made with Distress Inks. The decor paper was made: -with a layer of Gesso, scratched with a plastic knife when it still was wet
-a colour wash of acrylics, the excess wiped off with a wet rag
-a Judikins stamped with Distress Ink

The bay leaves are made of a paper painted with acrylics, stamped with Exchangeable clear stamps with golden Versa Craft, heat embossed with golden Tsukineko powder and then cut out and layered to look like a laurel wreath (I can recommend the Tsukineko embossing powders, the really pop up).

The bling pearls are K&C and the chipboard is from my stash. I guess that the prisoners in Colosseum did want to escape their fate and we want to escape our every day life when visiting Rome!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs
Maarit

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Beautiful card... great details!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Maarit, this is just lovely.

    Il Colosso is amazing and I always think you can almost feel the history and gladiators and all the torture they faced. Rome has always been my favourite City in the world and I never tire of it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEJ MAARIT!!

    VILLE BARA SÄGA TUSEN TACK FÖR DIN RARA KOMMENTAR OM MIN DISTRESSLÅDA SOM JAG INSPIRERAR MED HOS SIR STAMPALOT DENNA MÅNADEN! JAG BLIR JÄTTE GLAD!!
    HA EN HÄRLIG KVÄLL
    KRAM LINA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again Marrit

    I just leff you a message but Blogger said there was a fault, so doing it again in case.

    I would like to send you an e.mail but there is not one listed that I can see. Could you perhaps mail me brenda@ibas.co.uk

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the leaf wreath! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Ancient Ages Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit