Monday, September 6, 2010

A Party Invitation

I found a lovely criss cross card tutorial in Magnolia Ink Magazine. I added a colourful decorpaper, a matching button and a velvet lace for the vest.
Faux stitching and a button for the jacket
And liquid pearls for the shirt. The invitation card slides in between the shirt and the yellow decorpaper.
Here's the invitation card; Edwin is coloured with watercolour pens, the belt buckle and the glasses did get a coat of Stickles (shock and horror, the Star Dust bottle is soon empty!) before I added some Dimensional Magic.
I don't know about the colouring, doesn't Edwin look like he needs a diet?!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Pearls and Lace and optional Magnolia image
Moving Along With The Times: Real or Faux Stiching

Thanks for visiting! Many hugs to lighten your Monday!

Maarit

9 comments:

  1. Great idea hun, just love the shape fab!!
    Thank you for joing us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again!
    hugs shell xx
    Ps..I have to agree on Edwin needing a diet lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great style card Maarit, such a lovely shape and idea.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I was just reading about this in my magazine too the other day. Love it thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. whata fabulous idea - thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maarit, this is a super card. I love the idea and how you have made this.
    I am so glad you have joined us at MAWTT for my stitching challenge, this fits it perfectly.
    I hope we will see you again soon with another lovely creation.
    luv Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW FABULOUS and so much beautiful detail!!! Very clever design....love it!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, lovely card, great colours and image, great use of Brenda's stitching theme, thanks for joining us over at MAWTT this week, hugs Heidi (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, elegant and cute at the same time! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant! You're right about Edwin though LOL! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit