Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween kit

Hope you're having a fab weekend! I've been making a Halloween kit with two second hand Magnolia stamps, they've been waiting a few months in a drawer for some ink, I almost forgotten the poor things! But I'm sure Dracula is used to wait in small dark places, he he.

Edwin is coloured with watercolour pens, highlights are made with white, clear and clear metallic Sakura pens.
The larger decor paper is made with a Magnolia pumpkin.
The bats (nameless foam stamps) are heat embossed with Distress embossing powder.
Flowers and leaves are made with Cuttlebug and QK dies and sprayed with Perfect Pearls. I also used Liquid Pearls. Ribbon, buttons and spider are from my stash.

I made a small box in the shape of a coffin to match the card. Cuttlebug and QK dies are used to make the layered flowers. The white roses are made from quilled long papers strips.
It's a pity I can't show the fab golden shimmer the lid has, I took so many pics and not one of them shows the sprayed golden Perfect Pearls.
You can see golden Distress Stickles and maybe some of the last drops of Star Dust (on the white roses). The spikes around the edge are made with Liquid Pearls.

Here's the inside, a recycled decor paper and Edwin again. Had to use him twice as I had forgotten him for so long :)

Simon Says Stamp: Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas and blog hop!
Cupcake Crafts Challenges: Books or Stories - Count Dracula!
A Spoon Full of Sugar: Animal Crackers - bats, Count Dracula transforms into different animals too!

Have a great Sunday evening, I'll go blog hopping soon.

Hugs
Maarit

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW !!!! fantastic card and coffin !!! everything is gorgeous and I love the flower arrangement :-)

    thanks for joining is on the Simon Says Stamp-tember Holiday Hop :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a wonderful job of these! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Holiday Fun blog hop this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is such a wonderful project, I love what you've done with our books and stories theme. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing coloring!! I love the bats and buttons on the top one, too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, really fab works and a wonderful Card.
    Thanks for joining in the SSC and our BlogHop.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit