Friday, August 20, 2010

Vendy Wecchi style

Simon Says Stamp and Show has a fab challenge this week, make something with The Wendy Vecchi - Studio 490 Style! They have two fab prizes too :)

My first thought was that this challenge was very tough, Wendy Vecchi makes such wonderful art. But after a few days the pieces fell in place, I had this old key is from hubby's grandfather and it would be a nice thing to display in my try of the VW style.

The wooden oval is painted with two acrylics and a crackle medium. The flower is made with a Cuttlebug die, a heat embossed brad and a dew drop. The swirl is Sizzix and the heart is QK.
The green parts are stamped with different TH stamps. Distress Inks were used for stamping and distressing, even the ribbon is coloured with DI to match the flower!
The star button is from my stash and all the papers are scraps.

Hope you're looking forward to a fab weekend. I'm planning to visit a craft store for some adhesives. It will be very hard to not be seduced by all the other goodies, I've managed to create 11 things with my stash already! I should have hoarded loads of adhesives before my try to reach 100 projects, he he.

Hugs
Maarit

7 comments:

  1. Oh WOW love this and the crackled paint looks fabulous!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! The crackle paint looks great! Love the key (I have a passion for keys)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crackle piece! Love your Wendy flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fell in place indeed!!! absolutely WONDERFUL!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is soooo beautiful and unique! Lovely work!!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation. Love the colour of the flower. Looks like you had great fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit