Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Traditional Christmas Colours

Friday Sketchers has a fab sketch by Claudia this week. I used Christmas Tilda and the Laura Ashley papers. The ribbon and the buttons are Panduro.
I used watercolour pens, glitter and Stickles for the image. The drewdops were coloured with alco inks. The star button was coloured with Crackle Paint and heart shaped button with acrylics. The flowers are from my stash, I attached them to each other with a green adhesive florists use.

This week I have set up a small challenge for myself and that's the reason to why I'm showing a card with almost the same materials as the last one had. The inspiration comes from an eBook called Eight is Enough. The challenge is to create four diverse layouts or cards with just eight products from your stash of leftovers. (Basics like cardstock, a trimmer, and fonts count as "freebies.") Do you think you could do it? It's a fun way to use your stash and to make several cards in a row, I've chosen to count the Cuttlebug with its dies as one product.

Have fun creating today!

Hugs
Maarit

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful,love the gorgeous papers and embellishments!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marrit

    This is truly stunning and I think the traditional Christmas colours are still some of the best.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maarit

    A gorgeous Christmas card.

    I love your heart and flowers very much.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit