Saturday, August 28, 2010

Starry night tribute



Oh, I've had fun with this one, layering acrylics, making highlights with Sakura pens, adding Stamscape images and sewing with golden thread. I added some glitter at one point too! Some of it is now covered with acrylics, no glittery effect there but some more texture.

The painting is a small tribute to Van Gogh's wonderful starry night, he made many paintings with starry nights, you can see the one I got inspiration from at MOMA. His painting is without glitter :)
I'm entering Gingersnap Creations challenge 65, for more information check here.

Hope you're having a fab weekend,

hugs
Maarit

6 comments:

  1. The moment i saw this I thought ahhh Van Gogh. Very striking and beautiful and a perfect homage to the great man. And I am sooooooo envious that you've seen a Lempicka haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is spectacular!!! Looooove it! You definitely captured the painting, with your own unique flair added in. Thanks so much for playing along at Gingersnap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Maarit

    A real masterpiece and what a lovely tribute.

    Love your colours and the attention to detail. A real labour of love. Stunning!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Love the sewing and how you handled all the areas of the picture. Definitely needs to be hung on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. A piece of artwork to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maarit, Van Gogh's Starry Night is one of my all time favorite paintings and you've done a spectacular rendition of it!! Wow!! I love the golden thread and all the texture! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit