Sunday, August 29, 2010

Curio cabinet

I thought about curio cabinets when I read that Simon Says Stamp and Show wanted to see anything Tim Holtz inspired this week. I have this wooden drawer on a shelf above my workdesk. The Distress embossing powders fits in perfectly as you can see, but it can also hold some collected bits and pieces.

Here you can see the right part better. A pendant from my honeymoon in China, Scrabble blocks (love party games), a ring from dad's aunt, hubby's army button, dad's navy insignia, a shell from Tunisia, Fairy Dust!, a Chinese coin and an old Cosmos pen (the Cosmonauts used this kind of pens on their space trips...could be a good selling story!) .
The left side contains old buttons from loved relatives, fossils from Gotland (a Swedish island), a rose embroidery from dad's aunt ( she was a real eccentric and artist), my childhood marbles, another pendant bought in China, a piece of a seal just behind it and eyes for a teddy bear.

The backgrounds are made with TH stamps and DI, there are also three drawings but they aren't easy to see, should have used fixative on them :)

I hope you enjoyed the small trip through my collected bits and pieces,

hugs
Maarit

4 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed seeing your collection here. You must find it very inpsiring.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW>..how cool is that!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the back windows!!! Very cool!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo, so much collection in your corner curio cabinet. they looks so great...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit