Saturday, August 14, 2010

Girl Power



Hope you're having a fab weekend with lots of fun planned! Today I've been busy crafting with a canvas, it has been in laying in my drawer for ages and I thought it was time to make something with it. I wanted to keep some of the texture free, so the canvas got a layer of different Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls. I stamped some TH stamps with Distress Inks and Versa Craft to create a background. The sentiment and the bird are also TH. The fab image is a download from Scrapologie printed on glossy paper. The brads are from my stash and I also used my DYMO label machine.

Here's a pic showing the gorgeous Perfect Pearl shimmer and the clear embossing of the bird.

Simon Says Stamp and Show: Things with Wings
Stampin' for the Weekend: Back to School

Thanks for visiting and for any comments you may leave.

Hugs
Maarit

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, very elegant!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Violet, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our first challenge. Your project is absolutely georgous, love the image and yep the little birdie is adorable. Hoping to see ya next week for another challenge. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! What a sweet image!
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show's Challenge blog. Hope to see you there again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW a gorgeous image and love the fabulous sponging!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely elements to make up this piece of art. The background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. shimmerlicious!!! Wonder canvas....great background...JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maarit

    I'm still on my mad catch up from my holidays, seems to be taking me forever. Mind you not helped by new puppy muts, not the brightest idea right on the back of our hols.

    Super work as always.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit