Monday, July 26, 2010

One Layer Wednesday 13- Christmas in July

This week on One Layer Wednesday the theme is Christmas. Perfect for my PB tree and the Landstoken sentiment that says "Time for Advent".
I had envisioned the layout and thought that this one would be an easy one layer, but it took some time and some stamping to get the colours right. In the end I used two Distress Inks for the PB stamp as one wasn't enough, it looked so lifeless. I inked the stamp with a light green and added a darker green ink by gently tapping the ink pad on the stamp. It made all the difference. Wish I could take better pics to show the difference.
I coloured the bird with a black Sakura pen and added some Stickles to the image too. The card was finished with an EK Success corner rounder.

Hugs
Maarit

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, so elegant!!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is soooooo perfect! I have that stamp and have noticed how "lifeless" it can look in one color. You've livened it up beautifully and I'm going to try that for myself. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :)

Warm hugs
Maarit